At Shenley Academy students develop their self-confidence, are given the chance to shine,and understand that individual and collective endeavour is rewarded.
All Shenley students know that hard work will lead to good examination results, and that they will demonstrate resilience, kindness,integrity, respect, self-belief and altruism in their daily and future lives.
Inspire. Aspire. Achieve,
This dictum guides all we do. We have achieved a great deal since we opened as an academy. We know that hard work and very good examination results are essential, but life at Shenley Academy is also about:
- having the chance to shine, positive competition, awards and positive aspiration.
- making a contribution.
- being part of the team:
- broadening horizons by making the most of the superb opportunities, and offering experiences and opportunities they would not otherwise get.
- develop a culture of achievement and ‘belonging’ in the college and in the wider academy.
- building students’ repertoire of spoken and written language.
- develop students’ social, emotional and behavioural skills and resilience.
- cultivating values of respect, good behaviour, responsibility and caring.
- learning for life and for progression post-16 and post-18.
This is supported by our broad and balanced curriculum offer and our character education programme known as Shenley Horizons. Through Shenley Horizons we develop students’ resilience, kindness, integrity, respect, self-belief and altruism.