Shenley Academy is where students develop confidence in themselves, have the chance to shine and where individual and collective endeavour is rewarded.
The new academy will be much more than an excellent school in a wonderful new building.
Inspire... aspire... achieve:
This dictum guides all we do. We have achieved a great deal since we opened as an academy. Hard work and very good examination results are essential, but life at Shenley Academy is also about:
- having the chance to shine, positive competition, awards and positive aspiration
- making a contribution
- being part of the team:
- broadening horizons by making the most of the superb opportunities, and offering experiences and opportunities they would not otherwise get
- develop a culture of achievement and ‘belonging’ in the college and in the wider academy.
- building students’ repertoire of spoken and written language.
- develop students’ social, emotional and behavioural skills and resilience,.
- cultivating values of respect, good behaviour, responsibility and caring
- learning for life and for progression post-16 and post-18.
We emphasise the basics: uniform, manners, good behaviour and hard work.